Monday 25 August 2014

Re-connecting Once Again!

Last, Fatiq and I, spoke to each other officially to discuss the nitty gritties of our cross border peace process in the month of April, as far as I remember (and as my blog post of back then says) and since then we both have been terribly caught up between our commitments and poor network. Nevertheless, all this while we were connected through WhatsApp and Facebook and used to ping each other to make sure that we were still breathing. 

Fatiq after his exams, if I am not mistaken, went to spend some time in his village and it was during that time, in particular we did not speak even once as the village had zero network. Once he came back, he joined the RABTT (the university newsletter of which he is an Editor). Yes, he writes brilliantly and recently he even covered two events, the first one being of Farewell of the senior batch and the second one regarding Eid celebration in LUMS.  

Across the border, I was dealing with my law semesters and was alive on Coffee and Songs. After decent performance in exams, it was time to prepare myself for my first Law Firm Internship. The thirty day period testing my legal acumen and pushing me to the edge to get taste of legal fraternity was one beautiful experience. Though it was taxing but at the end it was enriching (and here I would like to thank Kirthi, who was there for constant support and motivation (No, seriously! All I was to do was to leave her a WhatsApp text and my query was answered in minutes. *HUGS*))

The very second day after I completed my Internship, I headed towards Kerala- the God’s Own Country to seek rest not only from the scorching sun in Delhi but also to get peace of my mind.  It was one serene trip amidst the greenery and calmness of the backwaters of Kerala. Fatiq, I am sure you would love to pay it a visit sometime in future. (Though I know your favorite place, as you say, remains Chandni Chowk, Old Delhi.) On my last day I was inside the Book Store and there I found a book on Manto. Yes, finally I bought it and I was all prepared to read his work as Fatiq is a great fan of his writing and personality as well.  I have just started reading the book and will soon be telling him my views on the same. It was on the same point, I think we were discussing about the difference in the cost of the books in both of our nations. A book which cost barely 300 bucks here would cost 900-1000 in Lahore because there are very few publishing house in Pakistan as compared to India.
Then, as I had conveyed to him earlier I went for Moot Court Competition wherein the case was similar to the dispute between both the countries of ours regarding Kashmir.  I was more excited to do it since it was based on this theme and yes, of course, on Humanitarian Law. As our talks have been, I know he firmly believes its not something that would fetch one as much money as he/she expects in future if he/she pursues International Humanitarian Law but it is what interests me. While, I was attending my competition, he entered a project as a Research Assistant of Department of Political Science, Cambridge University on the topic of “BLASHPEMY LAWS”.  (Fatiq, kudos to your determination man, the manner in which you are working and getting information regarding the same is BRAVE.)

Fatiq was unaware of channel Zee Zindagi which showcased Pakistani Dramas on Indian Television. I told him how both the shows Zindagi Gulazar Hain and Aunn Zara got tremendous response from Indian audience. Also, even Rizwan Sahab knew about the Channel despite his busy schedule and how Nidhi is a crazy fan of Fawad Khan.  He told me his entire childhood is spent by watching Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi as his Ammi used to love it.  Then I told him how I attended Iftaar Party in my law school and celebrated Eid for the first time at one of my friends place and that I got Eidi too!

It was then that I asked about the news which I read somewhere on the Internet regarding houses of few Ahmadis being burnt during Eid and to which he replied that there are problems and fights between the communities and Ahmadis and their Mosques are usually the victims. Soon, I was telling him about the subjects I have in this semester which includes Islamic Law, knowing of which, he asked me to enquire from my professor a question to which he still hasn’t got any answer and that is- What led to division of Shia and Sunni? In a sense, how could both sects arise from two friends - Hanifi and Jafri? I assured him that I will ask my professor. Then, I recited few incidents where I and my friends were shouted upon when we unintentionally ended up speaking loud or playing during Azaan time in my college and to which he said, it shouldn’t be strict as such.Fatiq was also appointed as a Teacher where he taught English and Mathematics to students preparing for SET and were aspiring to join varsity at USA.  We also discussed about the Israel and Palestine conflict and how US is shielding the former in the name of Self Defence. 

Our talks came to end by discussing Political Situations on both the sides, where he told me there is new entrant to the Politics of Pakistan known as Mr. Taqvi who wants to bring ‘Inqalab’ and co-incidentally he resides next to Fatiq’s place. I told him how Modi government has taken charge at the Centre and now Indians are waiting for a better future.


It was all great to be able to talk to him once again and we decided to publish blog without any further delay.  According to the planner, we were supposed to cover up for the months of May, June and July and write upon Education, Polity and Economics along with exploring prevalent stereotypes but then we realized, we touch every part of this in our each talk. So, we were all glad that we haven’t missed any of points and guidelines to be considered and we are still on track to ensure peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment